Green Timetable 2018 - Online Day Rover
Join us for a trip through the Heart of Norfolk on board one of our 1950s heritage railcars.
The diesel railcars were introduced by British Railways in the 1950s, in a effort to modernise the branch lines, reduce operating costs and encourge new passengers to rail. East Anglia is one of the first areas to see these introduced, and were a marked change from the old coaches of the past. The railcars offered the passengers a panoromic drivers eye views of the line - popular even today with kids young and old, and great for spotting wildlife such as deer - open coaches and improved heating and lighting. Stations were modernised to accomodate these trains, including those on our own line.
All our services are currently operated using the successful Metro-Cammell built Class 101, built in Washwood Heath in Birmingham, and which lasted over 45 years in mainline service, including many years here in East Anglia. We have two examples of this type in traffic.
Our Railcars operate on our green timetable throughout the year, for details of running dates see here. Tickets are available to Book Online or on the day from the ticket office.
Tickets are valid for travel all day on Green Service days only, and do not give you a reserved seat.
* Intermediate stations are request stops. The times shown are approximate. If you wish to board a train that is approaching the station, make yourself visible to the driver by holding your arm out. If you wish to alight a train at one of these stops, please let the guard know where you'd like to alight.
|All Day Rover||Adult||Child||Family||Concession|
Please note that you need to bring with you proof of the ticket purchase, either printing out the e-mail or electronically. There is an online ticket attachment to your order confirmation.
Online Day Rover Conditions
- This ticket is not valid for travel on the Mid-Norfolk Railway without validation at either Dereham or Wymondham Abbey ticket offices (before travelling) or the Train Guard or Travelling Ticket Inspector when boarding at other stations.
- This ticket is only valid on the date chosen for the daytime Green Timetable service on that date and does not include evening trains unless otherwise specified.
- This ticket is non-refundable.
- The Mid-Norfolk Railway reserve the right to cancel/alter published services without loss. In the event of a problem with the railcar, we may use Diesel or Steam locomotives to substitute for our Heritage Railcars.
For those who wish to book a group or special charter train with catering, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com for further information.