Weddings & Wedding Receptions
The Mid-Norfolk Railway in Dereham is proud to offer a completely different type of venue for your Wedding and/or Wedding Reception – a fully restored 1950s’-style train station complete with the opportunity to take a 22-mile steam- or diesel-hauled train ride through the glorious Norfolk countryside to Wymondham Abbey and back.
Depending on your requirements, the station can be closed to the general public for the day and be exclusively yours with staff readily available to help you prepare it in the way you would like. Access can also be arranged for the evening before your big day if that is more convenient for you.
We can offer your guests a glass of Prosecco, a bottle of beer or orange juice, a glass of Prosecco for the toasts and either a High Tea or a Cream Tea during the train journey.
For the evening, we can provide a licensed bar in our marquee and a Barbecue for you and your guests with seating available in carriages left in the platform solely for your use.
There is a free private car park available for you and your guests.
A glass of Prosecco, a bottle of beer or orange juice after the Ceremony, a glass of Prosecco for the toasts and High Tea on the train to include a selection of finger sandwiches, cakes, scones, butter, jam, cream and strawberries plus unlimited cups of tea and coffee.
The Cream Tea Special – from £15.00 per person
A glass of Prosecco, a bottle of beer or orange juice after the Ceremony and a Cream Tea on the train to include scones, butter, jam, cream and strawberries plus unlimited cups of tea and coffee.
Evening Barbecue – from £15.00 per person
Quality burgers and sausages with buffet salad and nibbles.
Evening Buffet – from £15.00 per person
Selection of sandwiches, cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, quiche and pizza slices, cold ham and chicken, eggs, tomatoes and salad.
Special trains for Weddings and Wedding Receptions in March, April, May and from mid-September are diesel-hauled only, all other dates are a choice of steam-hauled or diesel-hauled. Please contact us to discuss your preferred option.
Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Train but Reception elsewhere?
Perhaps your Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Train appeal but you’d prefer your Reception elsewhere? No problem, just get in touch to discuss.
Prices (All train and catering prices include vat at the standard rate of 20%)
- To hire Dereham Station for the day and with a steam-hauled passenger train for one return trip from Dereham to Wymondham Abbey – from £2100.00.
- To hire Dereham Station for the day and with a diesel-hauled passenger train for one return trip from Dereham to Wymondham Abbey – from £1800.00.
- To charter a diesel-hauled passenger train only for one return trip from Dereham to Wymondham Abbey- from £1250.00
- To reserve one carriage (or more) for a return trip from Dereham to Wymondham Abbey on a regular timetabled service – from £12.60 per person.
For Wedding Trains only, trips may start and end at Wymondham Abbey.
For more information or to book, you can contact us by:
- Post: The Mid-Norfolk Railway, Station Road, Dereham, NR19 1DF
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01362 667814